08/03/2009

I want to believe ...

Let's say there is no god...


The map shows the results of an Eurobarometer poll conducted in 2005. This is the percentage of people in each country who answered "I don't believe there is any sort of spirit, God or life force". Grey countries were not included in the poll. (by Wikipedia)


This map shows the result of an Eurobarometer poll conducted in 2005. The colors indicated the percentage of people in each country who answered "I believe there is a God" in the interview. The countries marked in grey were not included in the poll. (by Wikipedia)


Fraction of atheists and agnostics in different countries. The values for China, Cuba, and North Korea must be viewed with skepticism as comparatively little data is available in these countries. (by Wikipedia)

As we can see from this maps, most people believe. And it is very important, that rather most atheist are week atheists - real atheists are minority. To be a real atheist one cant' believe in god and other miraculous things. Furthermore - real atheists can't even think about this. Why? because real atheists have no need to believe and think about existence of any miraculous power or god.

I believe in myself and others... There is no god, no ghosts, souls, aliens and other unscientific forces... Only science can explain things - and if it can explain it now - it will in the future.
But most people have to believe - because they are week - and they need a higher force - a god.

People beliefs are their own case. This may be very personal. For me - my atheism is personal - I don't even think about this. Is just - about 1997 I've started to be strong atheist. 1-2 years earlier I was week atheist - rather agnostic. And after I understand there is no god - "god" just disappeared from my life and mind. This is all - There is no reason to talk about this. It is gone .

No comments:

Post a Comment